CDE Lightband is delivered through a technology known as Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) because fiber optic cable is connected directly to your home or business. Fiber optics are not only more reliable, but also provide much more capacity than traditional copper telecommunications facilities. The increased capacity will allow you to experience advanced services and to transmit larger amounts of information at faster speeds. Fiber-to-the-Home extends the fiber optic network right to your door. The fiber optic cable will connect to a new Optical Network Terminal (ONT) that will be placed on or inside your residence and will replace the existing copper Network Interface Device (NID).
What are the benefits of fiber?
- Increased Reliability – Fiber optics are extremely reliable and are not as susceptible to weather, distance and other variables that influence telecommunications services delivered using copper facilities. Fiber is currently the most reliable telecommunications infrastructure available anywhere.
- Faster Speeds – Fiber optics have a much greater capacity than traditional copper lines. This means the capability for faster and much more consistent Internet speeds.
- Increases Home Value – Recent research shows that fiber-to-the-home can increase a home’s value by as much as $5,000 according to research by the Fiber-to-the-Home Council and other sources.
How much will it cost?
The customer will only be charged a basic installation fee. When you make an appointment for installation, the customer service representative can provide details on the basic installation fee. Because we are choosing to replace the existing copper telecommunications facilities in your area with fiber optics, there will not be any cost to you for the added materials or labor.
What to expect during the installation process
1. Schedule A Site Visit To Your Location
Call 931-648-8151 to make an appointment for FTTH installation. A customer service representative will explain what to expect during the visit and how much time will be necessary to complete the installation. Please be prepared to ask any other questions about FTTH installation when you call to set up a time. If the customer service representative cannot answer your question, they will get you in contact with the plant supervisor to make sure you get the answers that you need.
2. Fiber Optic Cable Installation
We will run a new fiber optic cable to your home or business that will replace the existing copper facilities. At this time we will mount the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) and complete the required splicing.
3. Service Activation
We will schedule an appointment as inside access is required by a CDE technician to complete the installation of your fiber optic service. This will involve the following:
- Complete any required inside wiring.
- Activate and test your new fiber optic service.
- Explain your new services and answer any questions you may have.
4. Enjoy Your New Lightband Services
Begin enjoying your new fiber connection. We hope you will be extremely satisfied with your fiber optic service!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have. It is our goal to make this process as seamless as possible for you.