We strive to provide the most reliable electric service possible, but outages are going to occur. Weather conditions, automobile accidents and animals are just a few of the issues that can cause disruption of service. Please follow the steps below if your power goes out.
STAY AWAY FROM DOWNED LINES AND BROKEN UTILITY POLES. PLEASE NOTE THE LOCATION AND CALL US IMMEDIATELY. EVEN LINES THAT LOOK HARMLESS CAN BE DANGEROUS. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING TOUCHING A LINE SUCH AS LIMBS, TOOLS AND TOYS.
1. If your power is out, check with your neighbors. If they still have electricity, check your circuit breakers or fuses. If that doesn't solve the problem, CALL 931-648-8151 ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT. Follow the prompts to verify your service location. If we are aware of the outage, you will hear a message stating areas we are aware of that are out. IF YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 911.
CRITICAL CARE CUSTOMERS
CDE maintains a list of customers who have special medical needs so that in the event of a prolonged outage, CDE can notify these customers of the expected duration. Assignment to the Critical Care list DOES NOT guarantee priority attention in the restoration process.
2. Once you have called to report your outage, there is no need to keep calling. Our system will give you the option to receive a call back from CDE once we believe your power has been restored. If your power has not been restored, you can report it again at this time.
3. Don't keep checking the refrigerator and freezer. Food will keep much longer with doors left closed.
4. Keep a flashlight and battery-powered radio handy. Know where the electric service panel for your home is located and how to reset circuit breakers or replace blown fuses. Make sure your family knows where the service panel is and what to do if you are not at home.
5. When service is restored, overloaded lines could cause another outage. You can help prevent this by switching off your heating and cooling equipment and other appliances during the outage. Leave a light on so you'll know when service has been restored.
Additional Outage Resources:
CDE communicates major outage information to the following media outlets:
Television: WKRN-2, WSMV-4, WTVF-5, FOX17
Radio: 540 AM, 1400 AM, 94.3 FM, 97.5 FM, 100.3 FM, 107.9 FM
Newspaper: The Leaf-Chronicle
Online: www.clarksvillenow.com, www.clarksvilleonline.com